Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stellar Seller---MyCabinCreations---11/16/07

Etsy
Buy Handmade
MyCabinCreations



The Stellar Seller for this week is Pam of MyCabinCreations. As you can see from the pictures above, Pam makes some wonderful beads and jewelry. Her handmade beads are a favorite among our Owls, and because of some great customer recommendations we've decide to feature her as a Stellar Seller this week.
Also, check out her website at WildSageLampwork
Furthermore, Pam's getting married in the next few days!!! Congrats, Pam!!!!

Tell us about you, and as much as you'd like to share with the Etsy world:
I am 42 years old and getting married for the very first time in only 23 days. I'm rather overwhelmed with that right now, but excited as well. My fiancé, Dale has 4 kids ages 17, 19, 21 and 23 and 1 grandson - 3 months old, and we have an adorable Springer Spaniel 'Tuck'. He is my 'baby'.

Let's hear about your shop and how you got started:
I took a lampworking class in May of 2006 and finally got my torch in October of that year. So I have only been at this wonderful craft for a little over a year. I spend as much time as I can on the weekends in my studio in the basement. My sweetie is very supportive of me and he actually built my studio for me last spring. I love having a shop on Etsy and meeting new people all over the world.

What inspires you to create?
I have always been 'crafty' but not always real 'creative'. That is something I have to work at. I usually get my inspiration in the middle of the night at work, when I can't do anything about it. I also get inspiration from my garden, (I have 32 rose bushes), from shopping in craft stores, and surfing online. I am still trying to develop my own style.

Describe yourself in one word:
Conscientious - I work as an RN in a Clinical Research Center, so it is somewhat regimented and precise. We follow protocols and do timed blood draws, drug studies, and sleep studies, etc. It is a great place to work. I think this carries over to my lampworking as well. I want to make the very best beads I can, and have satisfied customers.

What's your favorite...

Book:

I'm not sure I have a favorite book. I enjoy a variety of different topics, such as crime thrillers, romance, Stephen King novels, etc.

Movie:
My favorite movie is 'Stand By Me' by Stephen King. That is also a great book.

Song:

'I Believe' by Diamond Rio and 'Keeper of the Stars' by Tracy Bird. I listen to more alternative rock these days, although I still love Bob Seger and Chicago too.

1 comment:

beornica said...

That lampwork is STUNNING!!! For someone who's not "creative", you sure have some gorgeous work!!!!