Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Stellar Seller of the Week - knotartwa






This week we are featuring one of our own OWLS, Rita. She's better known on Etsy as knotartwa! Here's what Rita says about herself and her art.


I started macrame when I was 5 yrs old in Russia and made curtains and traditional items into my 20's. I moved to America 2005 and with the support of my husband we started a small stay at home business, this has allowed me the chance to explore my art and I am bringing it to you. I am most inspired by my new life, my wonderful daughter, and my husbands designs for me have really got my creative juices going. So far my favorite items are the matching stone and hemp necklace and bracelet sets, I really like the natural look and simplicity.

I am 27 and live north of Seattle Washington, I am a young homemaker and love being mom. I left my family and friends to pursue a life with my American man in 2005, it was scary and exciting all wrapped into one big adventure that unfolds every day. I aspire to make enough as an artist to bring a good life to my 15 month old daughter, who is everything to me.

My favorite color is blue.
My favorite song is "wind of change" by the Scorpions
My favorite movie is "Dragonfly" with Kevin Cosner
My favorite food is Sushi
My favorite book is "Hard Boiled" by Frank Miller

No comments: